Vision: To be the leading radiation medicine program in the world.
Our cutting-edge radiation technologies and capacity to treat over 6,000 patients every year make the Radiation Medicine Program at Princess Margaret the largest of its kind in Canada and one of the largest in North America.
With a strong focus on research
and a commitment to individualized, patient-centred care, our interprofessional team of radiation oncologists, therapists, physicists and nurses supports the assessment, planning, treatment and follow-up care for common, rare and complex forms of cancer.
Mission: To provide exemplary radiation medicine through patient care, research and education in partnership with our patients and our community.
Our practice is closely integrated into Site Groups
that work together with other oncology specialists and healthcare professionals.
The work we do is guided by our commitment to:
- Focus on patient-centred care with attention to quality, safety and expertise
- Nurture a mutually supportive environment that offers professional advancement and support for all
- Integrate academia and clinical practice
- Support an inter-professional, collaborative team environment with active partnerships locally, nationally and internationally
- Be nimble, adaptable and responsive to opportunities and changes in our environment
Our strategic goals in support of these commitments are to:
- Excel in clinical practice, clinical research and education
- Enhance clinical expertise
- Lead innovation by encouraging discovery, disciplined innovation and deployment of new practices and technology
- Achieve excellence in program delivery by proactively responding to patient experiences
- Show global leadership by actively engaging with the community to ensure dissemination of knowledge and best practices in radiation medicine
- Transform quality and safety for patients and staff by communicating effectively and partnering with patients
- Lead advanced practice and new models of care by developing advanced practice models aligned to future developments in healthcare
Read our Radiation Medicine Strategic Plan